"We Don't Torture"

Thursday, March 26, 2009

They definitely can't afford a grand old party on this budget!


By the time I was five I knew what a budget was. My mother would sit at the table with her forehead crinkling and write down a string of numbers that got smaller and smaller and usually ended with zero. I could re-create this table to figure out how much money I needed for candy at the last five and dime in town, chocolate milk at school, and toys from the vending machine, all before I was 10.

So how is it possible that the Republicans in 2009, who are much older than 10 are incapable of creating such a document? As DNC spokesman Hari Sevugan said today, "After 27 days, the best House Republicans could come up with is a 19-page pamphlet that does not include a single real budget proposal or estimate".

This is sad, very, very sad! And one more reason why the government needs to spend some more time and money on educating the citizens of this great country, especially those in the GOP.

Clic this link to read the GOP budget "pamphlet"

No comments:

Post a Comment