"We Don't Torture"

Sunday, March 29, 2009

How do we fix the recession?

Republican Connie Mack suggests less regulation as an answer to the economic problems in America. Hmmm. I think the only thing Americans have agreed on is that lack of regulation in the business sector is a problem. But I guess we could try it his way, but then wouldn't we be going right back to way we did things before. The way that didn't work so well???

How do we fix the recession? I don't know. I have some ideas, which I'll unroll in the future, but I am not an economist, and I cannot attest to their workability. I think that is Tim Geithners problem, even though he is an economist, he can't know if anything works until it succeeds or fails and the problems are so massive and complicated that there is no clear solution.

Do I want Geithner to resign? No. He is trying and he is coming up with some very clear implementable ideas which do not include deregulation, so I am appreciative of the effort no matter the result. He is also taking a lot of flak for the bailout bill and AIG bonuses, but it is congress that goes in and like a bad media editor erases the good lines and the smart ideas from the bill and then ducks when the flak starts flying, while Geithner gets hit over and over again. I don't envy him, but I sure hope he succeeds because if he doesn't I won't be blogging anymore since I won't be able to afford my internet bill. So god speed Tim Geithner. Good night and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment